Buffering

Internet, internet why do you exist
If you want to know I can make a list


Everything is great when the internet is fine
We’ve become so reliant for being online 


But when it’s down, it’s such a big pain
Things come to a stop and people complain


When I want you to go, you're just to slow


No Instagram or Facebook, emails won't send
Stuck with no Wi-Fi, we're at a loose end


No sites to visit, no shopping online
All I see is the no connect sign


No Netflix, no Hulu, no Amazon Prime
Throttling the internet is like a crime


To Bell and to Rogers, and Cogeco too
Your internet is [no signal], and I say [no signal] you!

[Bandwidth exceeded]

Comments

  1. I was immediately drawn to the title of your poem. You wrote about a topic that will definitely relate to everyone during this time of ultra-reliance on the net.

    I see a connection between the buffering of the internet and our current situation as we attempt to "buffer" COVID-19.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Better To Just Stay Inside

We Are Not A Virus

A Twisted Truth